Patient’s Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
As a MedMinder patient, you have the right to:
- Be given appropriate and professional pharmacy services without discrimination against your race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual preference, handicap or age.
- Speak with a pharmacist regarding any questions or concerns you may have about your medications.
- Speak with a pharmacist for emergency situations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Be fully informed of the pharmacy’s programs.
- Receive services from personnel who are qualified including a Registered Pharmacist, or Pharmacy Technician.
- Choose the pharmacy from which you receive services, change pharmacy providers at any time, and accept or decline any services offered (as allowed by law).
- Ask for help in finding and transferring the pharmacy services you need for your treatment.
- Receive the pharmacy services you need at the time you need them.
- Receive respectful and considerate treatment from all pharmacy staff.
- Be sure that your pharmacy services records will be kept confidential.
- Say “yes” or “no” to giving those records to any other person or agency and to have personal health information shared only in accordance with state and federal law.
- Ask for the identity and job title of the staff member you are speaking with and to speak with a supervisor if requested.
- Know how we handle complaints.
- Get full explanations of the total bill for the services and the products you have received.
As a MedMinder patient, you have the responsibility to:
- Give correct and complete information about your health, medications, allergies and other important medical information and notify the pharmacy of any changes.
- Give accurate clinical and contact information and to notify the pharmacy of changes in this information.
- Notify MedMinder of any problems, concerns or dissatisfaction with our services.
- Notify MedMinder of any changes that may need to be made prior to a scheduled delivery.
- Complete and return any required forms.
- Ask for more information about anything you do not understand.